VOGONS

First post, by madsci

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I try to install LOL2 under dos but it tells me that I only have 110mb of hard disk space. I have over 10gb free, so I don't know how to get the dosbox to report a larger disk size. please help

Reply 2 of 4, by madsci

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

it says i can specify the drive size, but i can't get it to work. what is the syntax for drive size. do i enter just the number of bytes, megabytes, kilobytes? or is it something else. they don't describe that in the readme file. i tried entering stuff like 500000kb or 500000bytes or 500000 bytes or mb or anything and it tells me i have 0 bytes free.

Reply 3 of 4, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Is Lands of Lore 2 - Guardians of Destiny you speak of? Why are you trying to run it under ms-dos? I have installed it two days ago under WinXP without problems. Also, get the latest patch. It adds 3D hardware acceleration, namely, bilinear filtering and coloured lighting. 😎

Reply 4 of 4, by Xerxes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Try save'ing your game and then - loading it. Another thing - did you watch the ingame movies? This game is unplayable under w2k and XP IMO 😒

Intel C2D E8500@3,6 Ghz, DDR2-800 2x2Gb Ram, MSI Radeon HD6950 Twin Frozr II/OC, Asus P5E Deluxe, Asus Xonar DX, HDD: WD 500AAKS x2, Windows 7 Professional 64bit