VOGONS

X-Com TFTD

Topic actions

First post, by spudman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the original TFTD CD and could install just fine and got the sound card set up and everything. When I exited the installer it said to type "terror" to start the game. I did, but all the prog did is pause for a second the went back to the command line.

The app is a .BAT and I tried to run it using the "loadhigh" command but got the same result but DosBox said it was an illegal command <- worked with Jones in the Fast Lane. Any ideas would be great, Thanks.

PS
I have the Collector's Edition vers., but even with all the updates and tweaking, it's barely playable 😠 .

A spoon is a tool.

Reply 1 of 2, by Nectroid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Did u remember to mount the CD to the same drive you installed it from? you ALWAYS have to remember to have the CD in the same drive it installed from with old games for some reason 😵

Also does any1 know of a site that hosts a WIN32 download of DOSBox 0.62? cos TFTD doesn't work properly (too slow) in 0.63, and apparently works fine in 0.62

Reply 2 of 2, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dosbox all versions are listed here. Including win32 builds look for the Win32 in the name.
I have an original X-COM:TFTD DOS CD but I haven't tested it in a while and I only use the CVS (meaning latest code) so I dunno how it runs anymore at this moment.

/Ieremiou

EDIT: Seems to run just fine (speed seems normal) in the current CVS that I'm using.

Also, to the original poster double check the drive letters you are using.
if you mounted the CD-ROM to a different letter in DOSBox since when you installed it you have to edit the terror.bat to change it to the correct CD-ROM driver letter as you have it in DOSBox.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.