VOGONS

First post, by Python1980

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone,

According to Mobygames, Wolfsbane supports Sound Canvas. However as the game autodetects sound on start I cant find a way to force it to ignore Soundblaster and use it. I'm using ECE Dosbox with fluidsynth support. I tried sbtype=none but the game just tried to use adlib. Any suggestions or hacks? Thanks

Last edited by Python1980 on 2018-09-16, 12:58. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 3, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

MobyGames appears to be in error. Both floppy and cdrom versions of the game support only Sound Blaster, Adlib, and PC Speaker. Note that if you set sbtype=none in DOSBox you should get PC Speaker sound with the default oplmode=auto setting; however, with sbtype=none and oplmode=opl2 you should get Adlib music but no digital sound.

Reply 3 of 3, by Rwolf

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Odd...I had that game once, maybe I can find it again and check it out.

edit:
I located my old backup, and checked it out - it only supports Soundblaster series (type1,2,3,4 - Soundblaster, Soundblaster 2, Soundblaster Pro, Soundblaster 16), Adlib, PC speaker, and a Soundblaster clone: Media Vision Thunder Board.
Soundblaster detection is through the BLASTER variable, if it cannot find the SB card on the default address 220. Music is only FM based, if applicable.

---

The source for the Sound Canvas support claim is the print found on the back cover here: https://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/wolfsbane/ … CoverId,239020/

note: Unfortunately the submitter (PolloDiablo) of that Dutch cover has passed away, so I cannot check if it is a later version than mine, which was v1.0.