VOGONS

First post, by seancass30

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When i try to run Pacific Strike with DOSBox using the loadfix -2 command i get an error message saying there's not enough memory for internal tables then it shuts down.....How do i get this game running?

Reply 3 of 8, by cuttock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmmm. I've tried this, and I get an error message telling me to type "pacific" to run the game.
Problem is, I DID type that!
What else could be wrong?

Reply 4 of 8, by cuttock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, I was using D-Fend. Now, using Dosbox and config alone, the game worked with same parameters. Funny.

Reply 5 of 8, by F_Slim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok, I'm a complete newbie, but maybe somebody can help me anyway.
I'm also trying to get Pacific Strike to run.
Tried the custom-settings, and I get the error "EMS driver is not VCPI compliant"

I searched the forum and found this thread, so I tried to deactivate EMS and used loadfix -2, but then I get the "type pacific to run the game" like cuttock (without using D-Fend)
When I just type "pacific" to run the game, the DOSbox seems to crash. At least it exits to Win98 ...

Any help? I really want to replay this game, and DOSbox seemed to be my only hope ... thanks in advance!

--
F_Slim

Reply 6 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

@F_Slim - What version of DOSBox do you have?

Have you made any changes to the defaul DOSBox configuration?

What commands did you use to install the game?

How did you configured sound, graphics, etc in the game?

Why use loadfix ??

Have you tried with a different version of DOSBox?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 7 of 8, by F_Slim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have DOSbox 0.63 (the latest I guess)
First I used the default config, and then I tried disabeling ems ...
I set the sound of the game (using install.exe), so it matched the DOSbox-emulation, and I also tried using no sound (no difference though).
Grafic settings can't be changed.
I used loadfix because ... well it was written here, so I tried it. 😊

I haven't tried any other version of DOSbox. Basically because I wouldn't know which one to try, since I don't know why it doesn't work ...

--
F_Slim

Reply 8 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Can you start DOSBox from a command line, e.g. from COMMAND.COM? If so, try adding a '-noconsole' option to the DOSBox command. When it crashes, look for 2 files - stderr.txt and stdout.txt. Anything interesting in those?

Try changing the output= method in dosbox.conf (overlay, ddraw, surface, ...).

Try adding a '-fullscreen' option to DOSBox.

Different versions of DOSBox uses different version of a key library (SDL.ddl). Try to find 0.61 or 0.60 (they install into separate directories, so it is safe to have several versions installed).

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions