VOGONS

First post, by trekmann1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, This is a bit of an odd question.

I run Dosbox 74 in Linux (Fedora) not the new 74-2. I have two old BBS games that are registered. The program looks for a specific reg file. In one of the games no problem. The other game says the game isn't registered.

However if I run that same game in a Windows Doxbox, then it does see the reg file fine.

I'm not sure if there is anything I can check.. my Dos games are stored in my home folder, and accessed that way I've checked file permissions, I thought perhaps the game is down in too many subfolders (I've found a game or two that had that issue), but for this BBS game I get the same problem on the Linux version. But Windows version of Dosbox no problem

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks

Reply 1 of 2, by Asterisk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is the directory containing the registration file mounting correctly under Linux? Remember that the path delimiter in Linux is a forward slash (/) instead of a backslash, and that file and directory names are case sensitive. If you're using the same mount command on both OSes, confirm that the path you're mounting is actually valid in Linux.