VOGONS

A question about DosBox games......

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by NeveroddoreveN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this question, and if it isn't, can someone please refer me to a different forum...? I have downloaded DosBox for my computer, and can play a large number of games, including the Might and Magic series. I am trying to play the MS-Dos game King's Bounty. I downloaded it from a site, I believe it is called MyAbandonware.com - but after downloading King's Bounty and extracting the files, I click on the .exe file and get a message saying that the game will not run on my computer. I am curious as to why, and if there is something I can do to make the game playable. Can anyone help me?

Reply 1 of 1, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

We don't support so called "abandonware" here. Best to ask the site you downloaded the game from.

Verify the exe you are trying to execute is a DOS executable. Learn how to mount folders and execute games in DOSBox.

Also there are no DOSBox games, just DOS games although it's possibly I suppose to make a DOS game that only works in DOSBox or was only developed inside DOSBox those would be very rare.

Closed.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline