VOGONS

First post, by TheCabal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I'm finally able to start Strike Commander. Everythings ok. But sometimes it crashes back to DOSbox with an "Error 1910".

I've searched for a describtion of that error and found this:

"Error 1910"
Files and Buffers are too low.

If you want to identify your sc-error visit:
http://www.wcnews.com/webmirrors/tech/gamefaq … ikeco.html#boot
It's below "Strike Commander Common Issues".

Well... i heard DOSbox has following settings:

files=100
buffers=25 (dynamic)

Don't know what to do. Got the CD Version of that with the Speech Pack & Tactical Operations campaign (incl. F-22).

Any suggestions what to try out? It seems like it's a small error with a real frustrating effect....

Greetings,
Cab

Reply 2 of 6, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Should be no problem in the next version of DOSBox. I compile the CVS regularly and have the Strike Command CD version (w/ Tactical Ops) which also has Wing Commander: Privater (w/ Righteous Fire).
A combo CD that I got from Gateway back when we got the P2. 😀 I love Gateway!
Anyways, I've had no trouble installing and running DOSBox with it.
Files and buffers are hardcoded into DOSBox and should be able to run it with no problem.
I have no idea what the numbers are set to though.

If it needs to be changed one of the devs can easily get it to be changed.

EDIT:

Files are set to 100
and Buffers are set to 50
Shouldn't be a problem then.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 3 of 6, by TheCabal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the answer!

Right after I choosed my weapons and clicked on the cockpit (fly mission) (in campaign mode) there is something like this: (could see this for just a sec. ...)

Unable to delete *.pak
# Illegal Patch

Then u c the spinning CD (loading) and then it crahes back to DOSbox with that strange error i mentioned above...

Maybe I'm doing something wrong... mounted everything... 😖

Hope it will work with the next version. Want to play through it... since it came out 10-11 years ago

Greetz,
Cab

Reply 4 of 6, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Seems to work for me in the DOSBox CVS version passed that point you describe.
I think the loading screen is silly too with them having you bounce the CD around while you wait for it to load.

Also, since WC: Privateer and Strike Commander are both JEMM games.
It is not likely that they will work in Dynamic Core.
I tried.
SC tossed me out with a JEMM #13 error and I know WC:Privateer just doesn't like it.
So the game play is ok but a little slow.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 5 of 6, by TheCabal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

priestlyboy,

I'm glad to be able to talk to somebody cause of this issue because I really don't know what to do.

Maybe you could send me your DOSbox.conf . I noticed this too:

In the SC's setup u can choose between different types of installation. I tried a different one and then this:

Could launch SC with this command "sccd". Before I had too launch the game with this parameter sccd -g (or -gt) to pass the very first intro. Able to play it but just in training mode...

I tried different cores because I thought it would be cause of that... or cause of the memsize. But it's just the same error... "Halted by program code" or something with this error 1911 or 1910. And you always see one of these big *.pak files mentioned there.

It's important for me to know how you modified your DOSbox.conf for SC and which installation-type u used to install SC. (There was something with "Copy excecutables.... yes/no/abort" "Copy 8 MB (good for low rams) yes/no/abort" or something like that. (CD Version)

I appreciate your help!

Regards,
Cab

Reply 6 of 6, by TheCabal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Finally everythings ok. Just copied all the files to the installation folder. No I can run it without CD and without any strange errors. It's stuttering, but I hope that will be fixed someday too. 😀 Finished my first mission.