VOGONS

First post, by dj-mixd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

if someone has posted something about this already I apologize. I have tried sevral different ways to start this game. I tried to use the command prompt with win XP it gives me an error message when I type "DOM" saying "The syntax of the command is incorrect." I have also tried DOSBox v0.61 after I mount the C drive and try to run the game it gives me an error saying "Please insert Dominus CD and restart" with the same error as above. I tried to put the Dominus CD in both drives but still no luck. Then when all else fails I try to run in directly from the dominus folder and it says "Unable to InitAsm" when I try to run "DOM" it comes up too fast and since it is not a program I can't edit the "close on exit" box. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Reply 1 of 1, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

urg, i gather then that you .. Didn't mount the CD-Drive eh?
Ok what you need to do is to mount your game drive obviously to the same drive as where your game is:
Like mount C: C:\
well the same has to go for your cd-rom (since I partitioned my HD my letters are different) which would be:
Like mount I: I:\ -t cdrom

If you have problems there are various other options that may help get around it.

Also, please please please read the README file that comes with DOSBox. Near the bottom of the document, it goes into detail on mounting the CD and stuff. ALSO, if you DON'T want to read the README file go to http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/wiki which is like a big FAQ place for how to do things and stuff.

BTW: The link to the Wiki should get linked somewhere in DOSBox's forums.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.