VOGONS

First post, by blackOrdeal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there!
First i must say that my english is not the best, because im a pupil and "real-school". I bought Discworld I ( Neon Edition, what is different in this version?! ) and Disworld II. I tried to install Discworld I it works, but i got now sound. Then i tried VDMS but nothing i got a Message: Cant find Disworld CD. Ok then i activated the Lowspeed Option! Ok Gameworks but no Sound 🙁. Then I tried DOSBOX Gameworks too but also no sound 🙁. Mhh then i gave up after 3 hours of triying out 😢 . Then I tried Discworld.... II .... Mhh nice a WIN Installer, but 2 Errors, 1 with DirectX and one other.... Then i tried DOS Installation but my PC hangs up when graphic is tested.... shit. Can you help me PLZ?! I played Discworld II on PS but it wasnt very comfortable..... and the game is so fucking genial ^^ i must play it on computer!

And now in german / So und jetzt auf Deutsch:
Also zuerst mal: Bla bla mein English is schlecht, ach und wer hier im deutschen Text Rechtschreibfehler findet der darf sie auch beahlten. Also ich hab mir bei Ebay Discworld Neon Edition I und Discworld II gekauft. hab dann auch gleich probiert das Spiel zu installieren. Ging aber ohen sound. Das ganze dann mit VDMS probiert ging nicht, CD wird ned gefunden. lowspeed aktiviert... geht nur wieder kein Sound. Dann hab ich DosBox ausprobiert ging nur wieder ohne Sound. Dann hab ich den scheiss nach 3 Stunden ausprobieren aufgegeben und mich an Discworld II gewagt. Hab mich gleich gefreut, dass da en installer für Windows bei is, aber nö 2 Fehlermeldungen. Dann den DOS Installer ausprobiert aber das geht auch ned weil sich da mein PC beim Grafik Test aufhängt. So bitte jetzt helft mir doch, dass ich diese 2 unendlich geilen Adventures zocken kann! cya

Reply 1 of 9, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I have tried only Discworld 1 (not original, version from Underdogs) and it worked in DOSBOX ok with sound without any problems. I think you should have no problems with sound (original versions have sometimes problems with copy protection, but not with things like sound).
Did you configure the sound properly? Sound in DOS games must be configured. The best way is to start with simple Soundblaster. Do the SB settings in game agree with the SB settings in DOSBOX.CONF? Are you able to hear sound in other games when you run them in DOSBOX?

Mirek

Reply 3 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

when you run inside dosbox there is no nforce 2 soundcard

only a soundblaster pro

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 9, by blackOrdeal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yeah! now it works: i read that many others hav this problem too but thatthere was no fix: Here is the FIX:

When you want to save yor Discworld I game and you cant see the Saved game go to the second DosbOx window that is openend there will someting like:

Discworld I was unable to save the game in C:\DISCWLD.CD\DISCWLD.CD\SAVE\

You are wondering that there is no path that is looking like that?! Create the Path the game is searching after! And now it works!

PS.: Somebody said that the Problem is caused by FAT or NTFS, thats wrong, I tried NTFS and FAT both dont work, the couldt easily find the specifief path it serached. Create the path and it works!

When there is someone who understand what i mean plz translate this in good English ^^ cya

Ahja my second problem with DW II still excists! cya

Reply 7 of 9, by kid_a_lot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How didf you get discworld 2 working with dosbox, everytime i try i get - discworld cannot locate discworld cd. I downloaded the cd version (2 ISO files) Cd1 being mounted on virtual cd drives

Reply 9 of 9, by kid_a_lot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

where do you type it? under autoexec? so if my cd rom drive was P and Q and my games was in c:\dw2 what do I type? sorry i can't seem to use your example.

If your game is going slowish i think you can press F12 to increase cpu cycles