VOGONS

First post, by ninjameson

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was just wondering if there is a way to change the key configurations dosbox uses. I am trying to access the secret cheat chest playing Betrayal at Krondor. Simply put, you go to the overhead map screen, hold alt,the right shift key, and tilde (~). However, whenever I hit the tilde button on dosbox it acts as if I'm pressing the up key. Anyhow, I can't access the cheats because of this. If anyone has a solution I would appreciate it!
Thanks

Reply 4 of 10, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I have one bad experience with cheating in this game... I went longer way to Krondor in Chapter 1 (around the top of the map - so more fights/experience/treasure), additionaly I then cheated in one inn near Krondor (it is possible to win a lot of money).

The net result was that I was too powerfull ... I abandoned the game shortly afterwards 🙁 (there was not any challenge left in combat ...). Since that time I do not cheat (or only to avoid some critical place - never by getting more money/better items etc.). Doing that can very quickly destroy the game.

Mirek

Reply 6 of 10, by ninjameson

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The cheat I am referring to is the morederhal box each chapter contains. Holding right shift, tilde (~) and alt brings up a box (from the overhead map view) and you put in a four digit code to access certain chapter items. However, I can't get it to work via dosbox and was hoping someone knew how to do it!

Reply 7 of 10, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

@robertmo:
I have played one chapter and something from Betrayal in Krondor, before spoiling it by the above mentioned cheating... I still plan to play the whole game one day (I liked it).
I played the whole Betrayal in Antara - good game with really ugly graphic and unfortunately without a planned sequel.
Unfortunately I did not play Return to Krondor, so I cannot tell you much about it. But I have heard that it is much more linear game than its predecessors.
BAK is probably the best of those games.

@ninjameson:
As QBIX said: wait for the next version. The keyboard will be much improved there.

Mirek

Reply 9 of 10, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

... or use CVS builds. search forum if you do not know what CVS is.

When the next version comes out ? - I use default answer we provide on this question - when it is done... 😀
DOSBOX developers do not provide release dates.

Mirek

Reply 10 of 10, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yep works in current CVS build. Just hang on or go to DOSBox CVS.
Either way it will be good. 😀
I just tried the cheat it does work.

And I suspect that DOSBox 0.62 will be out very soon with much DOSSY GOODNESS.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.