VOGONS

First post, by Muzzlehatch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Everybody,

I am trying to run a gwbasic program using the DOSBOX.CONF file. I can get gwbasic started, but not get it to load or run a file using commands within the autoexec part of the DOSBOX.CONF file.

Its particularly frustrating cos I cracked this one ages ago, but the computer blew up and now I cant re-invent my wheel.

Any help would be gratefully received

Phil

Reply 1 of 3, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Typically, you specify the .BAS file on the command line and the BASIC interpreter program will load and run it. Should work the same way in the [autoexec] section of the conf.

GWBASIC MYPROG.BAS

Reply 3 of 3, by Gene Wirchenko

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Muzzlehatch wrote:

I am trying to run a gwbasic program using the DOSBOX.CONF file. I can get gwbasic started, but not get it to load or run a file using commands within the autoexec part of the DOSBOX.CONF file.

I am glad to see you got your problem solved. I still use BASIC for quick programs and utilities.

Have you considered using a BASIC compiler? Programs will run about ten times faster.

Do note that DOSBox is not guaranteed to work with non-game programs. The DOSBox authors are quite adamant on this point. In my experience of many years, it works fine, but it is not guaranteed. If this is an issue for you, you might want to try another emulator.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko