VOGONS

First post, by Pike1701

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been trying to get Star Trek: The Kobayashi Alternative to run on my machine. I can get it to run okay, but it runs unbelievably fast. (It was made for computers of 1985.) I have to lower Dosbox's cpu cycles down to about 250 in order to get it to run somewhat normally. However, after lowering Dosbox to this very slow speed, typing becomes a problem. The program takes a long time to recognize keystrokes. When I push a key there is a short delay before the letter appears on screen. This is a text game and it is agonizing to slowly watch my sentences appear as I type.

Is there anyway to slow down the program without slowing down Dosbox's keyboard input? (For example, can a program like moslo be used inside dosbox to slow down the game but not slow down Dosbox?)

Thank you.

Reply 1 of 1, by Pike1701

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm sorry. I think I answered my own question. When I was writing the post before, it suddenly came to me about using moslo internally within DOSbox. After finishing my post, I tested my theory out and low and behold, it actually worked.

I slowed the game, yet typing speed is still normal.

If anyone has the same problem with this game or any other really old game, just try using moslo within DOSbox.