VOGONS

First post, by britesprite

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First up a big thanx to those DOSBox developers out there - at last I can get this damn PC to do more useful things than surf the web [to apply for jobs .. groan].

I've recently put Darklands on my PC, running under DOSBox 0.61. Works a treat except for the first animated sequence (and only the first to date). Gets to the nice redhead and then flops over with a message along the lines of "Fatal Internal Error: eov0004: Master Overlay <somethingorother> Use RELOAD. Press any Key to terminate". Within a minute or so Windows decides its display driver is walloped, advises you to save and shutdown and then grinds to a halt before you have a chance to. Typical Windows behaviour, but must be some redhead.

Running XP on an HP PAvillion Celeron 1.8Ghz 256Mb.

Have Fun
Chris.

Reply 1 of 1, by britesprite

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

39 views and no replies .. I knew it was a stumper <grin>. Just a quickie to say I tried running the front animation today and, bizarrly, it worked. So the redhead pulls her hands apart and reveals the word ... "Darklands". Major disappointment on my part, but at least I know its an XP problem, as my attitude is that Windows should be compatible with DOSBox 😁 Keep on the good work.

Chris