VOGONS

First post, by Pheonix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all Im haveing a few problems trying to get this game installed and running useing Dos Box.I managed to install the game up until bench marking and then it came up with a message saying that it couldnt access benchmark files.Any ideas on how I can get this game installed and be able to play it?If someone could let me know Id be greatful 😉

Reply 1 of 9, by Pheonix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have been trying to get it to work again and it's still saying the smae thing.Is this a problem with Dos Box or is it something to do with the game?Surely someone msut have been able to get this game running.It does say its supported by Dos Box 😢

Reply 3 of 9, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have the original CD version here.
I mounted the CD as mount I: I:\ -t cdrom -ioctl for WindowsXP.
I mounted my HD as mount C: C:\
I mounted my HD as mount E: E:\
I installed to E:\WESTWOOD\MALCOLM
It works just fine in the CVS version and DOSBox 0.62rc1.
It should work in the finalized release too.

Also if you hit ESC during intialization it aborts the program entirely.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 4 of 9, by Pheonix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks ever so much for replying,unfortuneatly Im going to be away from my pc until tomorrow eve so I wont be able to give it a try until then 😢 One quick question though,do I mound E like you said? I only have 1 hard drive and thats the C drive.I didnt do the windows XP thing = I: I:\ -t cdrom -ioctl so that could be why it wont work! Fingers crossed it will now but I'll keep you posted 😎 Thanks again

Reply 5 of 9, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Set it up the way you do it for your own computer. I forgot to clarify that to you. That's just how I have my DOSBox defaulty set to do when I boot DOSBox.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 6 of 9, by Pheonix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yayyyyyy!!! It worked!!!! Thanks ever so much for your help priestlyboy I really do appreciate it.It was obviously the windows -t cdrom -ioctl which was where I was going wrong by not putting it in 🤣
Thank you once again you are a life saver! 😀
*runs off to help Malcolm escape!*

Last edited by Pheonix on 2004-09-27, 11:31. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 8 of 9, by Pheonix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Qbix wrote:

that mount d d:\ ..
should be mount d d :\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -ioctl

I know I just realised that after I posted the msg *l* I have rectified it now and all is wroking well. A small little command like that can change everything! Thanks for your reply anyway 😀

Reply 9 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

it's not a small change and it was posted in this thread at multiple locations....

It saves you and us a lot of troubles if you care to read what is posted ...

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!