VOGONS

First post, by tsukasu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just intalled DOSBox today and I got it to play Space Quest 4 by running it off the CD (it wouldn't let me run it off the HD). Now when I try to save my game it won't let me it says the specified directory is full or some crap. I tried changing the directory but it won't work. Anyone know what to do?

Reply 3 of 8, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

SQ4 works fine here. Read-only doesn't matter since when you create a new savegame it creates a new file which doesn't have read-only applied (obviously). Try checking permissions on the directory and using the latest CVS.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 8, by tsukasu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

SQ4 works fine here. Read-only doesn't matter since when you create a new savegame it creates a new file which doesn't have read-only applied (obviously). Try checking permissions on the directory and using the latest CVS.

I'm not sure what you mean by checking permissions or CVS. I have the CD version and I installed it on the HD but when I usd DOSBox it said the file is a Windows file and wouldn't open it. So I set it to run off the CD and it works great but when I go to save it says the directory is full so I looked and it has it at D: (which is my CD-Rom) so I made a folder on my HD and I went to "Change Directory" in Save and I put in C:\Saved Games and it says it's not a valid Directory so Ijust put in C: and it says the directory is full. Any suggestions?

Reply 6 of 8, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hmmm, C:\Saved Games is not a valid directory for Dos since you are using 11 character when you should just be using 8.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline