VOGONS

Dos box games not working with Windows touch screen

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by GuyCC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with my new Surface Pro. I have a copy of Dragon Sphere from GOG that runs via DosBox which presents this problem.

The game runs fine and I can control it with my touch pad but attempting to use the touch screen is a no-go. The touch screen responds as if the screen is still in full resolution mode, when in fact the game runs full screen at a much lower resolution. Consequently my movements are so magnified it's practically impossible to do anything other trace the mouse around the edge of the screen. If I hold my finger at the center of the screen and make the smallest movements I can, it is possible to get "normal" cursor movement, barely.

I am encountering it in other, non-DosBox, games too however some full screen games (like anything in ScummVM) work fine. So this is most likely not a DosBox issue but I was wondering if anyone here had come across it and knew of a fix.

Guy

Reply 1 of 1, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Try a Dosbox-x build that uses SDL2 backend. Dosbox still uses SDL1.2x and that is not handling touchscreens well, as you found out

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper