VOGONS

First post, by amedeus8

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wasn't sure if this should be in DOSBox or PC Emulation. If I chose poorly, go ahead and move it.

I'm trying to load up Packard Bell Navigator 3.9 (REMOVED) through Windows 3.1 installed in DOSBox (0.74-2). But when I go to install, it gets about 71% of the way through the process before kicking back the error "Could not load DLL library." I'm wondering if maybe this has an obvious solution to anyone, like if there are some likely culprit dll's that usually need to be installed on 3.1 that I would have missed.

After the installation fails, the next time I try to boot Windows 3.1 I get this error in DOSBox:

uQTcfz0.png

I'm not sure what system specs would really be relevant here, but I'm using 64-bit Windows 10 Home. If you need any other info, ask away.

"I have no idea what I am doing but I do know that I say things that you don't understand and if you do understand what I am doing then you are wrong." -Han Hoogerbrugge

Reply 2 of 2, by amedeus8

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ah, that explains it. The download page was misleading, as it says, "Packard Bell bundled this software with their Windows 3.1 computers," at the top of every version's page. But you're definitely right.

"I have no idea what I am doing but I do know that I say things that you don't understand and if you do understand what I am doing then you are wrong." -Han Hoogerbrugge