VOGONS

First post, by ghost_zero

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

basically the subject already says it... I use DosBox 0.61 on Lemmings 3 and if I enable sound (that means that I activate the sound card through the installer, simple music and fx turning off won't help) I have some graphic glitches
AND the lemmings are f.e. falling down from the entrance and die before the even touched the ground... like they are falling too far or falling in something deadly for them...
And as said, I don't have this problems if I set the soundcard to none (or also the UltraSound - but I don't have UltraSound configured and I also tried to configure it ones... at the last test it says NMI test could have not been completed... I ignored and then choose UltraSound for Lemmings 3, but the sound and music didn't work but the game worked without the above written problems... but as said with no sound... that is not that important... because I don't need the sound so necessary....)

Has somebody any ideas why graphic glitches have something to do with active sound?

Will this get fixed? If so in which version probably?

Reply 2 of 3, by Tsathoggua

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm actually trying to get a hold of ghost_zero somehow..

I noted in the Lemmings 2 review that you found a patch enabling you to actually progress/save/load in Lemmings 2.

I have an actual purchased official version of the game but I cannot progress in that exact way.

I was hoping you could point me towards the patch.

I found an OS/2 patch of some sort, but I have no idea whether its a patch regarding this problem, or whether it will work on a PC, or in fact how to use it at all (its just three files with no instructions/readme).

I'd appreciate your help.

Reply 3 of 3, by Boogeyman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ghost_zero wrote:
Hi, […]
Show full quote

Hi,

basically the subject already says it... I use DosBox 0.61 on Lemmings 3 and if I enable sound (that means that I activate the sound card through the installer, simple music and fx turning off won't help) I have some graphic glitches
AND the lemmings are f.e. falling down from the entrance and die before the even touched the ground... like they are falling too far or falling in something deadly for them...
And as said, I don't have this problems if I set the soundcard to none (or also the UltraSound - but I don't have UltraSound configured and I also tried to configure it ones... at the last test it says NMI test could have not been completed... I ignored and then choose UltraSound for Lemmings 3, but the sound and music didn't work but the game worked without the above written problems... but as said with no sound... that is not that important... because I don't need the sound so necessary....)

Has somebody any ideas why graphic glitches have something to do with active sound?

Will this get fixed? If so in which version probably?

Same here. No difference in DOSbox 0.62