VOGONS

First post, by sturm30

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My focus is to build sprite sheets of the characters on the game.
On august 2018 I decided to record my gameplay of Shadow Sorcerer on my dosBox. I had ubuntu 16, on my lap Lenovo Yoga 2 13. See attached .pdf file to see all hardware specifications.
I am using the max screen resolution for my monitor: 1920x1080
My DOSBox version is 0.74-2. See attached current configuration file.
Please take a look at attached file Tanis.HQ.png - which is a sprite rendered with the old config.
This is the quality I would like to see in my gameplay, but now I am not able anymore to repeat this quality anymore 🙁
As far as I tried, I found a config similar to the quality recorded on august'18, but not exactly the same. I would like to configure for exactly the same quality found on august '18. I attach the current config.
Now I have ubuntu 18. I attach Tanis.LQ.png , which is the same sprite with the current config.
If you zoom the pngs, take a look at the green forehead bandana. on HQ png the green of the bandana and the brown of the forehead skin are just next to each other. on LQ png between the two colors there's a pixel mixed of brown and green. This mixed-pixel is between every couple of pixel of different colors: I don't want that d**n pixel.

I tried all, all, the scaler option values, and the LQ file is the best result I found: it's with advmame2q scaler.
Now two facts. First: if I vertically stretch the HQ png, the damned pixel in between different colors comes. Second: the sprites have different aspects... could this be just a problem of windowresolution config so the scaler advmame2q would be just fine ?

Attachments

• Tanis.HQ.png
    Filename
    Tanis.HQ.png
    File size
    6.96 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    old High Quality sprite
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Tanis.LQ.png
    Filename
    Tanis.LQ.png
    File size
    5.7 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    current low quality sprite
    File license
  • Filename
    dosbox-0.74-2.conf
    File size
    11.36 KiB
    Downloads
    48 downloads
    File comment
    current file configuration
    File license

Reply 1 of 1, by sturm30

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Back home. I tried with the new attached configuration: that's what I was talking about!!
the LQ png has been recorded on Windows. the HQ png has been recorded on Ubuntu.
Feel free to delete the entire discussion... 😁 autosolved!

Attachments

• Filename
    dosbox-0.74-2.conf
    File size
    11.09 KiB
    Downloads
    46 downloads
    File comment
    the winner config
    File license