VOGONS

First post, by Raapys

User metadata

Heya, i just thought id "share the wealth" for those of you having problems with DF on dosbox.

I had several strange errors, like "Exit to error: Pagefault didnt correct table." etc. What suddenly came to me however, is that in the z.cfg file in your daggerfall directory, you have to specify where you have installed df, where to look for the cd contents, etc. And while the directories set there were correct, I had forgot that i was mounting just the DF directory.

Df was installed in j:\dagger\ therefor the z.cfg file said
path j:\dagger\arena2\
pathcd j:\dagger\arena2\

When i mounted, i just wrote "mount j j:\dagger", and therefor i should have changed the z.cfg file to be like:
path j:\arena2\
pathcd j:arena2\
Or i should have written "mount j j:\".
Since i hadnt done this, i had loads of strange errors in dosbox.

Seems to me other games could have this problems as well, so keep it in mind.

On a side note, i installed both 0.61 and 0.62 of dosbox, and in 0.61 i could have 42000 cycles, while in 0.62 i only managed 13000 for 100%(50 actually, but since dosbox doesnt support HT(?)) with a p4 3ghz HT CPU.

Raapys

Reply 2 of 2, by Raapys

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Also, for those of you having the invisible quest items/monsters bug, its directly related to the NTFS filesystem. If you make a partition with fat32/16 and put Daggerfall there, then youll have no problems on that account anymore. Something about the game not being allowed to access the files the way it wants, because of the NTFS permissions etc.

Raapys