VOGONS

First post, by Apotheosis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can't seem to get Willy Beamish to run. I'm not sure what information might help to fix this problem but I will give you the basics.

I'm using the frontend, D-fend v2, to try and run Willy Beamish on my DOSBox-0.62 (Windows XP); or if there is any other way I'm willing to set it up, I just want to play. I'm able to get the opening credits to run, with sound, but whenever it gets to the part where it is suppose to load the introduction it will basically freeze. The loading icon (watch) will start to fade in and out, is not very responsive with the mouse, and the sound will also stop and just kind of.. beep every second or so. I've also tried to restore games, when I do this they do load, but every time I try to exit a screen or do anything else really, it will show the watch icon and won't load, just freeze.

So, can anyone help me out here? It would be very much appreciated if you have any advice/suggestions. Thank you.

Reply 1 of 1, by Paradox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Humm thats odd seem to work fine for me... what sound setting are you using, I'm using adlib. Also what are your settings in DosBox, and your computer's specs. Oh yeah, and do you get any errors when you start it in window mode and watch DosBox's second window.