VOGONS

First post, by nemesisxiii

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anyone gotten WC Armada to work multiplay, null modem, modem(virtual), or network? If so, How?
I have .62 od DosBox and set it up so that it works and plays stably, however I was unable to get it to talk to another computer running dosbox and armada using many different methods.

Netplay seems to be out as when enabled there is an error saying that a network was detected and it cant load armada (this is mentioned in other threads). Is this something that might be corrected in the future (i.e. netbios support or someway to enable ipx drivers differently?)

I tried setting the com port to 1 and 2 under directserial and modem, and tried all the various speeds(within WCA) but it does not seem to work, it doesn't even seem to dial (no dial tone is heard or ?ring? message seen). It seems that from inside WCArmada the modem commands fail.

Is there an easy way to test to see if the virtual modem is functioning? Maybe it is broken or getting firewalled (though firewall is disabled).

Thank you in advance to whomever responds, one way or another.
If anyone is interested in troubleshooting or trying this remotely over the internet let me know.

Reply 1 of 2, by Silent Bob

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm not sure if directserial is the best option.

[directserial]
# directserial -- Enable serial passthrough support.
# comport -- COM Port inside DOSBox.
# realport -- COM Port on the Host.

It seems that it requires a real port, and something connected to it.

I also tried the virtual modem experiencing the same problems as you did. I started two sessions of Dosbox and entered 127000000001 as phone number. When I press dial it echos ATDT127000000001 as described in DosBox Guide to Multiplayer Games but nothing happens. There even isn't a difference in behaviour between modem=false and modem=true.

Reply 2 of 2, by nemesisxiii

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I actually pulled out my old serial cable that I used to play Armada with and hooked it up, but had no success with it either. Thanks for at least confirming that I had done it right and still had no success. Anyone else?