VOGONS

First post, by gumbomasta

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to play world of xeen (CD-rom edition) through the new Dosbox. Everything works, loads and runs fine except... the sound.

It's not a total disaster, it's just immensely irritating and there might be a doxbox config solution. So here is my problem: the party walking sound is shrill and intrusive on all the soundblaster/ultrasound settings. The Roland sound settings result in bizzarre piano/telephone ring sounds for monsters and a totally uncalled-for piano sound for the characters walking. Is there a way to adjust individual channels of sound for dosbox mt-32 mode so that it doesn't have a telephone sound ever time I open a door? Is there a way to adjust individual levels of the SB mode? The Xeen installation offers to do this automatically. I tried using the "mixer" command in doxbox, but Xeen doesn't seem to notice and reverts all my settings back to the default. The TAP-10 card crashes depending on what DMA channel I'm on. The Roland Canvas has the bizzarre telephone sounds, while the Pro-audio spectrum, Sb pro and Sb cards result in shrill and unbalanced sound.

Am i crazy? 😖