VOGONS

First post, by philix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got a 2.4 GHz processor and i overclock dosbox till i get around 90-100% CPU usage (i don't go beyond 100%), i even try reducing the frame rate to around 3, 4 then increase the CPU usage again till it's around 15000 CPU cycles, but it's still too slow 🙁 it's basically workin at a maybe 2/3 of the speed it should be workin, but not as bad as when it was goin at 3000 CPU cycles, which is not playable at all

anyways, i was just wondering are there any other ways to tweak the performace of dosbox when playin TTDX?

i've been wanting to play TTDLX for quite some time now, although it's not perfect, it's still very cool that i can play it, and it would awesome if i could get it to play just like the way in dos on win98, any help greatly appreciated

Reply 4 of 10, by Raapys

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Uhm, cant you just go to http://www.ttdpatch.net/ download the program, start it, patch everything, and run TTD from WinXP? 😉
With it you also get lots of great bug fixes and more, and theyre still updating it.

Reply 6 of 10, by Mephisto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

you can also play tt-deluxe in windows, you dont need the dosbox - you
can download it from this side

DELETED by mirekluza !

Its free, and runs perfect under xp and 2000 (as the homepage says) - and
got the newest patch installed - i downloaded it for myself, and can
confirm the Xp-compatibility - one thing: its in german

Reply 7 of 10, by Til

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Do you know OpenTTD? This is clone of Transport Tycoon Deluxe. It has all features of TTD plus some more and it runs on modern hardware.

DosBox is great and I love it, but in the case of Transport Tycoon Deluxe the OpenTTD project is a better choice, because it runs native (not emulated) and is therefore much faster (and has more feature than the original TTD).

More info: http://openttd.sourceforge.net

Reply 9 of 10, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

@Mephisto: Do not post here abandoware/pirated links!

The following sentence from that German web site you mentioned clearly indicates that it is illegal:
Ihr dürft das Game nur downloaden wenn ihr die Original-Version besitzt!
In English: You can download the game only when you have the original version!
This is a standard excuse of illegal sites ...

Mirek

Reply 10 of 10, by Mephisto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

sorry i though he has the orginal version of tt - and that he has problems get it working under dosbox - sorry