VOGONS

Cubic Player 1.7 works now!

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 27, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wasn't supported in WinJey (coded by XTC-Player Dude) or in XTC-Play 0.81c.
I checked and I checked the documentation of XTC-Play 0.97c not there either.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 21 of 27, by DarkVamp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

there is deffinitly (Octa)MED support in XTC-Play because I personaly send many MED files to kilroy these times and betatest the xtc-play with many med files. But I can´t remeber what version 🙁
I will contact him to ask.....

Greets -DarkVamp-

Reply 22 of 27, by Alexsource

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks DarkVamp for clearing up my point about open source and closed source 😉
Um... yes, i kinda suspected the file was too big for dosbox to handle, but well, it is best to ask 😉
Med/ octamed and the like are a bit difficult, for starters, the official page http://www.octamed.co.uk/ has a sdk with source code in C++, BUT, there are parts you can't modifiy, meaning that it alwaays has to have it's own input, or you'd be breaking copyright laws or something.
Oddly enough, modplugplayer supported med BUT! only some versions. Old versions of MPP support some versions of meds and newer versions support others...
So you could use MPP plugin for winamp in xmplay, but be warned that not all meds are going to sound fine (and actually, as it well says here http://koti.mbnet.fi/~tympanic/rel_mem4.htm , lot's of both new and old meds sound strange).
There was a way to make a conversion to .xm using an amiga emulator, search un4seen forums. Sadly, i wasn't succesful when i tryed to 😜
Also, there's Deliplayer, but i don't know how accurate that is... ( http://www.deliplayer.com/ ), it uses the code provided by the official ocatmed page, so i think it should play the files alright.

chronos.jpg motoakira.jpg

Reply 23 of 27, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Note I said OUTPUT. Not input. Apparently the in_med plugin has some of its own output code and XMPlay doesn't like that. Remembere there are two plugins. One is in_med the other is in_modplug. in_med is the better one for it plays the meds correctly it just has some extra code that XMPlay doesn't approve of.

Also, funny enough I found that Irfanview that popular Media, Graphics program can play MEDs. 😜 Through a plugin they have on their site.

Sounds good in irfanview too. Too bad there's no player that has true support for MEDs and the rest of the popular formats.

Expect for a plugin that only works in Winamp (ok but not what I'm looking for), modplug (sounds horrible i've tried it), the one player on that page which is a drag and drop player(is the "free" player from MED Soundstudio *no longer provided by them*), and irfanview (uses the code from MED Soundstudio).

Deliplayer though looks like a nice nice solution in fact it has support for my old favorite C-64 Sids !! 😀.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 24 of 27, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Deliplayer is without doubt the best player for all those "wacky" oldschool music formats for DOS/Windows. Too bad I don't like the userinterface it have so much. I rather use my Amiga and use Delitracker (Deliplayer prequel and had plug-in support long before Winamp was made) on that one instead 😁

Despite it's name, Delitracker, it isn't a tracker program. Just a player being able to play lots of different formats.

Reply 25 of 27, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah I noticed about that the Userinterface isn't very friendly at all. I was reading about it. I also made a list of "issues" I had with deliplayer on their Question and Answer forum. :p.
So Maybe something will happen with it 🤣.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 26 of 27, by user5124

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

🙄

Other people like these programs. Amazing. Do any of you have the same flashing file selector + sample view problem I mentioned?

I think the button to activate the scrolling sample view in CP is "t", though it should be on automatically.

If you load cp up in windows, of course, you'll have no sound, but you'll see the bar the way it's supposed to be.

Reply 27 of 27, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah I see the same problem otherwise it still works so it's not a "big" deal.
(although even I get testie and irritable when my favorite programs don't work the way I want them to)

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.