VOGONS

First post, by DoutorHouse

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm looking for some help regarding this. I'm trying to get this game to play speaker sounds on DOSBOX 0.74-2 but i've had no luck at all! I have the original manual but it doesn't mention any command line switches and i've disabled all other emulations, except speaker. I tried some other games from 1990 (Prince Of Persia, The Secret Of Monkey Island, etc) with this same configuration and they all work. Ra just produces a quick beep and then nothing...
Anyone knows what i'm doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you!

Reply 3 of 5, by DoutorHouse

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
K.A.R.R. wrote:

i tried it with dosbox ece r4253
when i disable all other soundcards pc speaker works

Thank you for your help! I tried that exact version you mentioned and edited the configuration file to be exactly the same as the one i was using with 0.74-2 and now the pc speaker sound works, exactly like you said! What could this mean? I just tried the new 0.74-3 version too but it also doesn't work properly...

Reply 4 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Likely fixed in SVN but not 0.74-3. Used the SVN ver or wait for 0.75 which is currently in testing.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 5, by DoutorHouse

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

Likely fixed in SVN but not 0.74-3. Used the SVN ver or wait for 0.75 which is currently in testing.

Thanks. I was browsing the readme file for the ECE version and it mentions one patch for fixing pc speaker sound on some games. That's what probably made RA work.

Apparently it's mentioned on this thread here:
ripa PC Speaker patch (was Want to use PC Speaker and not Sound Blaster in StarControl 1)