VOGONS

First post, by jyurong

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey everyone,

I got privateer to install, but when I get to joystick calibration, the program recognizes the joy stick, i move it around and click the bottons, but it says incorrect calibration when I finish. I have a logitech extreme 3d pro. Any ideashow to fix this?

Reply 2 of 7, by ChairoNoMe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am using dosbox 0.62 on Linux and I am also having this problem. Specifically, I know my joystick is detected and working because I used the jscalibration utility to calibrate it. When I start Privateer with the joystick plugged in, The game asks me to calibrate the joystick by moving it to the upper-left, click, lower-right, click, and center and click. I did this exactly, but the game keeps telling me that "Joystick Calibration is not correct, please recalibrate" and I'm stuck in an endless loop. Obviously, the button is working, otherwise I wouldn't be cycling through the calibration process. What's going on?

Reply 6 of 7, by zorach

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a similar problem in WC2 under DOSBox. However, the joystick seems to work fine even without running the calibration routine. In that case, it was *not* a DOSBox problem as the same thing happens under real DOS. Thread on the topic.

Can you fly okay without calibrating the stick?

Reply 7 of 7, by Yooden_Vranx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm getting a very similar issue in WC III (non-KS version). The joystick input is *extremely* noisy, and I can kind of get it to calibrate, but when I'm done, the dynamic range is about half what it should be. This happens with 0.61, 0.63, and two different gulikoza versions (one based on 0.61 and using the mapper, the other based on 0.62). But I can turn right around and run WC2 without any problems (again the DOS version).

The joystick calibrates correctly when I run WC III in VDMS, but the input is still a bit noisy.