VOGONS

First post, by Nelinas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks to DOSBox I am able to run CCSaloon (HOTU rip; Win 2000 Pro).
My only complaint is that the game is way too slow - and saying this I have in mind transitions between locations mainly (not only, though). When you enter, it takes a really long time to change scenes on the monitor.
A couple of times I thought that the game had frozen.
And once it actually did freeze.
I've been running it at 7000, frame skip 3.
Any ideas?

Reply 1 of 5, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Speed: Try the things mentioned in DOSBOX Guides forum (no scalers/dynamic core/different output methods etc.). If it does not help, buy a better computer. If you have the best Athlon64 computer already, then wait till better computers appear...

Freeze: no idea.

Mirek

Reply 3 of 5, by Nelinas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

With VDMS I have the "famous" problem - mouse confined in upper half of screen. Mouse2kv didn't help, so I tried DOSBox (v. 0.62). But now the gameplay is so slow - you need nerves of steel.
As to Mirek's advice - very helpful!..

Reply 4 of 5, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
Nelinas wrote:

As to Mirek's advice - very helpful!..

What would you like to hear? There are no other answers. If you had read DOSBOX documentation and DOSBOX Guides forum , you would know it yourselves ...

Mirek

Reply 5 of 5, by Nelinas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had read those, and I have been pursuing self-education incessantly.
And, of course, - for me it goes without saying - I had performed searches to find threads and step-by-step installation topics related to Callahan's CS.
I managed to resolve numerous problems and finally the game is playable, but with a problem.
It does not become a person of your status to give an answer in the lines of "... buy a better computer... if you have the best, wait until new computers appear..."
With all my respect, I consider this topic closed.