VOGONS

First post, by rkirmse

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to run F19. I have used the Mount command to mount the drive and directory where I have copied the F19 game files. I have also used mount to mount the A drive to access diskettes. When I start the game it asks me to insert the key diskette and entr the drive letter. I place the original game diskette A in Drive A and type A as the drive letter. Nothing happens. 😕

I also tried access ing the diskette in Drive A from the Dosbox prompt. Typing A: accessses the drive, however typing DIR does not find any files on the diskette. I think the problem therefore lies in reading from the diskette drive.

Any thoughts? Is ther an unlocked version of F19 to get around the key problem?

I am running Dosbox from Windows XP sp2.

Thanks for any help. 😀

Reply 1 of 2, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

rkirmse - there is a known problem with the DIR command not "getting it" the first time. A (bug)fixed version of DOSBox is just about to be released that should solve that problem. Now, I can not be sure that it will solve the problem with your game, but there is a chance it will. Otherwise, try downloading/installing the previous release (0.61).

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 2, by Mephisto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i've got the same problem, but with my cdrom, and i solved it this way:

1.) insert the disk into the drive,
2.) mount the floppy using the "-ioctl" extension
(i tried it only with the cd-rom, but it might work also with the Disk)
3.) then start dosbox and look with the "dir" command if he can read the directory on the disk

Maybe it helped.

my other solution is to mount a directory as a floppy-drive and copy the disk into this mounted- drive

"mount a c:\dosgames\disk_A -ioctl"