VOGONS

First post, by Nelinas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I cannot achieve to run the game with DOSBox 0.62.
I have the version of Lost Files of Sh. Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo from Home of the Underdogs.
I ran setsound, and then tried to run the game through holmes.bat.
DOSBox demands from me to run "install" before that "in order to take full advantage of your machine". there is an install.exe file in the HOTU version, but when I try to run it within DOSBox, it just terminates.
Outside of DOSBox it is completely impossible to run install, kicks you back to the desktop immediately.
I have Win 2000 Pro, CPU 1300, RAM 256, Matrox Graphics Millenium G200 AGP

Reply 1 of 2, by Jiri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I would recommend you to get somewhere full version (maybe at ebay) instead of that rip from HOTU. I think that speech is important part of the game and it is worth money to buy full version. Also you will not have problems to run it in DOSBox - my full version works fine. If you still want to play HOTU rip, you can try HOTU forum, it is possible that somebody will know the solution there.

Reply 2 of 2, by Nelinas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well..., thank you for your time.
I have exhausted HOTU's forums and HOTU Technical Site.
I wouldn't have been asking at this very forum otherwise.
It is not a matter of money - THERE ARE PARTICIPANTS IN THIS FORUM WHO DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO GAME-VENDING structures.
Do you presume I am not aware of the quality of a game with speech?
Probably yes.
Well, I am.
Anyway - that's for another board already.
I was asking for help giving the specifications - namely, the type of RIP I am trying to make work.