VOGONS

First post, by Kanangea

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

after i type in dir some files come up command com, autoexec bat, ingmount com, boot com, intro com,rescan com,loadfix com,mem com,mount com,mixer com,and config com but wtich one should i choose to run duke nukem 3d?

Reply 1 of 3, by Dark Knight ez

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Read the dosbox readme first.

Edit:
I'll be more friendly than just that.
You need to tell dosbox where it can find all the (game)files.
You can do this by mounting.
For example... if the game is on your C-drive, you could do the following:
mount C C:\
Meaning that you've "created a harddisk" in dosbox called C, which contains all the files of your existing C:\ folder or location.
After that, just check the created harddisk (c:\).

... // bda. very bda!
... // but only if you turn godo into csah.

Reply 2 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Kanangea, you need to start by making a directory (from Windows) that will act like a harddisk for DOSBox. You can make it anywhere you like, but why not create it in the same directory where DOSBox is installed - e.g. create "C:\Program Files\DOSBox\Harddisk".

Next, use notepad to open the file "dosbox.conf" and add the lines

mount c "C:\Program Files\DOSBox\Harddisk"
c:

at the end of "dosbox.conf" (after the section labelled [ dosbox ]).

Now start DOSBox and you should have a C-drive in DOSBox.

Exit DOSBox, and add a 3 third line to "dosbox.conf" (with X being your CD-ROM letter):

mount d "X:" -type cdrom -ioctl

Insert your game CD, start DOSBox, and follow the instructions that came wth the game. Usually it is something like "D:\install", "D:\setup" or some such....

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 3, by Kanangea

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok i was so close to installing duke nukem but the game itself said it was missing a file 😒 all those hours for nothing 😵 😖 okay and one other thing when i try to get dosbox to work on the blood 1.11 demo one of the files are blood.exe but when i put that in it says 'inflating :share.shr and it wont do anything else does anyone have any suggestions??