VOGONS

First post, by Kanangea

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

on blood demo 1.11 the first time i played iit it was working fine but i turned sound effects and music on and the whole screen is black except for the health bar and sound is still playing also it will ont go to the title screen witch is really annoying it wont work any suggestions??

Reply 3 of 8, by Zebius

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You should say something about your computer and what operating system do you have. Without this information I can't help you. Are you trying to run Blood with DosBox?

Reply 5 of 8, by Zebius

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think it's not good idea to play Blood using DosBox, 'cause it will probably run too slow even on modern system. I don't know how to get sound working in this case cause I use DosBox very rarely.

My suggestion is to use VDMSound instead and follow instructions from the url I gave you in previous post. I used those instructions and was able to play full version of Blood with satisfactory performance. I could even use 3d acceleration thanks to dgvoodoo and Glidos glide wrappers, but both of them require full version of Blood and 3dfx patch.

Reply 6 of 8, by Kanangea

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

so the speed was very good the sound was very good right? blood rules i remember playing it 5 years ago!!its from 97 also i made a folder called dosprog and when i install blood i put c:\dosprog to install it but when i try to run the same blood the file is called share.shr and dosbox cant run those files or even if it can it still doesnt do anything if i put run share.shr so is installing blood for about about the 20th time going to be a waste of time?