VOGONS

First post, by Agathosdaimon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi
i am wondering if it is possible to get dosbox to emulate the tandy graphics setting for Falcon. i notice some screenshots show the tandy version graphics and these are much better than the typically blue white and red graphics of the standard dos version.

i see there is a tandy option in the conf file but in selecting this the graphics dont really change if at all from the usual cga 3 color palette

https://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/falcon/scr … D2IbGSWS4vNQLR0

Reply 1 of 3, by Nilex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This may be dumb but have you changed the correct tandy option? The one of interest is "machine=tandy", under [dosbox]. The other (tandy=auto) is for sound. I'm no expert, just going off memory from 2 years ago when I set up old King/Space Quests for some Tandy action and it was as trivial as written. Maybe the game has special option to make use of Tandy graphic, either in-game or in its setup.exe? Could be MobyGames' screens aren't faithful? I be damned if Amiga version doesn't look pretty though.

Reply 2 of 3, by Agathosdaimon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

thanks for your reply -yes i changed the machine to tandy - but i have since learned from a thread elsewhere that falcon's tandy option was for a specific tandy dos version of falcon and that is not the version i own. I have been looking for the tandy version but so far i can only find one on ebay thats over 200dollars