VOGONS

First post, by torakikiii

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys,
I'm trying to combine one of the best portable consoles with my beloved game of the past, sensible soccer.
Although the dosbox port runs great, and the game indeed starts, I can't find a way to configure input for the dpad or analog stick.

I tried what I could but I am at lost now. Other buttons seem t work but I see no way to force dosbox to recognize either dpad or the stick.

this is the joystick section from the config file shipped with the port
[joystick]
# joysticktype -- Type of joystick to emulate: auto (default), none,
# 2axis (supports two joysticks), 4axis,
# fcs (Thrustmaster), ch (CH Flightstick).
# none disables joystick emulation.
# auto chooses emulation depending on real joystick(s).
# timed -- enable timed intervals for axis. (false is old style behaviour).
# autofire -- continuously fires as long as you keep the button pressed.
# swap34 -- swap the 3rd and the 4th axis. can be useful for certain joysticks.
# buttonwrap -- enable button wrapping at the number of emulated buttons.

joysticktype=2axis
timed=true
autofire=false
swap34=false
buttonwrap=true

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply 1 of 3, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

To get the d-pad working either set joysticktype=fcs or use DOSBox ECE. The first analog stick should work out of the box anyway, to make two analog stick fully usabel, again, use DOSBox ECE. 😉

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 2 of 3, by torakikiii

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Yesterplay80 wrote:

To get the d-pad working either set joysticktype=fcs or use DOSBox ECE. The first analog stick should work out of the box anyway, to make two analog stick fully usabel, again, use DOSBox ECE. 😉

Dosbox ECE, I had a look, would be awesome but there's no port for Psp and it's out of my league to even try to do it myself 😀
I'll try this evening with your suggestion and it will hopefully give me some sort of controls.

The psp dosbox port is kinda abandonware so I'm at a loss with it. I do agree that at least the stick (or dpad) should work out of the box, but no arrows emulation work!

Anyway my point is to use a portable console with the version I love most of my childhood game (dos swos), that would be a blast and a forever keep since I'll never grow tired of playing sensible soccer 😀

Thanks for your suggestion.

Reply 3 of 3, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oh, the PSP part somehow slipped by me, sorry.

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)