VOGONS

First post, by Geekmeet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok..how in the heck do you get a game like "Stonekeep" 1995 to run when it reqires a set number of files from the only config.sys...you know...the files=## line. I can't seem to find that option or a way around it.

Thanks in advance,
Robert

Reply 2 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

uhm stonekeep runs fine in dosbox.
be sure to use 0.63

if you asking how many to pull that trick without a real config.sys ?

Read the source luke 😀

Dosbox comes with files=127 as default value 😀

so you can open a lot of files. especially considering most files are shared between psps

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 6, by Geekmeet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yea..i saw that it ran just fine in dosbox, but for some stupid reason, when you go start that game, it says it needs at least 15 to run...Thats what gave me the impression there was a place to change that 😀

Reply 5 of 6, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
Geekmeet wrote:

Yea..i saw that it ran just fine in dosbox, but for some stupid reason, when you go start that game, it says it needs at least 15 to run...Thats what gave me the impression there was a place to change that 😀

Are you sure you are using 0.63? All such problems should disappear in that version (unless a stupid program checks directly content of CONFIG.SYS).
However there is a workaround even in older versions - run it with the parameter "win" or whatever (as in Windows). You would have known if you searched before asking (Stonkeep was discussed here quite a few times).

Mirek

Reply 6 of 6, by Geekmeet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yea...it's 0.63. I did try searching earlier..but form some reason...I kept getting a "Doccument Conatins No Data" error. It appears to be working now 😀 Thanks for the input..i will try this.

Robert