First post, by MrFlibble
I've been playing around with various pre-release demo versions of Hexx: Heresy of the Wizard (originally known simply as Wizard!). There's one early demo (WIZARD.ZIP) that's bugging me because the intro/title screen animation does not play properly in DOSBox:
What it should do is show the Psygnosis logo, then fade out and display the title screen, but instead you have the garbage shown above.
I have tried, in vain:
- running it in vanilla DOSBox v0.74-3, DOSBox SVN Daum and DOSBox ECE
- setting machine type to vgaonly
- setting cpu type to 386
- setting cpu core to simple
- turning cpu cycles down to 1000 and below
- setting memsize to 4
- turning off xms and/or umb
- turning off all extended memory and using Jemm
- using loadfix with various parameters
If I replace INTRO.ANM with a similar file from another demo version of the game, there is no glitch. But from this post it seems that the demo in question can work fine. Any help?