VOGONS

SSI doesn't like me playing LOL

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by elf316

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all and thank you in advance to anyone who posts replies to this.

#1 I have Champions of Krynn loaded onto my hdd, I run dosbox and mount the drive and the floppy. I try to create a character and it keps telling to insert a disk to save it to. I read somewhere that I should just modify the CFG file of Krynn, but it's blank.

#2 I also have Menzoberranzan and it loads and installs correctly, but after I run it and complete the sound config, I run the Menzo executable and it comes back telling me that's it's "Unable to open resource file"

and lastly: I loaded up on Pool of Radiance (from Home of the Underdogs) and everything's fine until it tells me to check the Code Wheel. Nothing I write in is correct. I've checked numerous sites and double-checked the code words, still nothing is good.

Thank you !!!

Reply 2 of 9, by elf316

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for double post... Did not pay attention :-p

#1 & #2 yep, nothing I saw there was able to help me

#3 Have the wheel or a downloaded version of it. I also tried that java website that allows you to click the runes and you get teh proper word... no go either.

Reply 3 of 9, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

OK. Are you sure your Menzoberranzan installation is correct? I have played (and finished) it under Windows XP. I think I used VDMSound, though, but it worked under DOSBox too (for me).

Please, keep us posted on how it goes.

PS - I think I have Champions of Krynn lying somewhere (not sure, though). I will test it and post back.

Reply 5 of 9, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

OK. For Champions of Krynn, i went to the game directory (on your hard disk) and type in: SUBST A: . - This way you will assign the current directory as drive A: - The game now allow me to create characters, add them to party and even save and load games, but as soon as i press BEGING ADVENTURING, i get kick off to DOSBox shell. I am still testing. 😎

Reply 6 of 9, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

#1 - learn to search:
Pool of Radiance ("Put Save Disk In" ??)
Need help with D&d Goldbox games, can get them to run but no save!!!

If you have bad KRYNN.CFG, delete it and start the game (it will be recreated)

#2 - no idea what you are doing wrong -probably also bad path somewhere

#3 - I used only cracked version so I do not know.

Mirek