VOGONS

Reply 20 of 25, by Keonandra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

For some reason my last post only showed quotes and not what I was saying originally. I did in fact switch it to PC Speaker (I believe because you were the first to say it originally? You or Mirek) and it works great, thank you. Other than the colors being jumpy sometimes (if i go afk a few mins more than I planned) its working like a charm and I couldn't be more pleased. Thank you all again for the help, especially you with that patch. Without it, I think i'd still be frustrated hehee.

With much respect,
Keo

Reply 22 of 25, by Keonandra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
HunterZ wrote:

Cool, I'm glad you got it working 😀

I haven't seen any "colors being jumpy" though - I wonder what that could be?

I honestly don't know how else to explain it. Its like, set to 16 colors on default (read you can have it to 32 but its easier on my eyes this way, oddly) and if I either leave it idle for about say 3 mins at least, it will sometimes go into this high colorish hue sort of thing, making everything look opposite of what it is, mainly making it look green, yellow, etc instead of the darker colors its supposed to be. I have to warp out of full screen, then go back to full screen for it to go, and again sometimes it just comes back. Oddly enough though, after starting it up a few mins ago? It just instantly did that color thing I meantioned without even 10 seconds passing. Could be my graphics card (this pc isn't the best ya know hehe) but it doesn't bug me, as long as it changes back to normal doing a few basic things right? (aka warping) but other than that, all I need to do now is figure out how to beat this game *laughs*

Reply 24 of 25, by Keonandra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
HunterZ wrote:

There are maps and walkthroughs on http://www.gamefaqs.com/

I still haven't beat this game, although I've beaten Wizardry 6 and 8.

Thank you for the link ^^ I found a few myself, its just having the time to play it all, oy hehe. I do have a kinda side question. I know you can add the game from 6 to 7, and 7-8, is it like that with all the pc versions of the game? (I'm not sure how many there are you know). Was just curious on it. I have actually nemesis and bane somewhere (unfortunately due to a recent move, and cannot find them all) so I'll have to wait and see how those games are working. I do however have 8 and already lost on that one as well *laughs* Maybe the games are a bit out of my reach (for understanding them and whatnot) but i can't help what I find to be so much fun you know?
Anyways, I think I posted enough on this today. Take care 😀

Reply 25 of 25, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There are 8 Wizardry games in the main series, plus the spin-off Nemesis. There's also Wizardry Gold, which is just a buggy, half-hearted Windows version of Wizardry 7.

Wizardry 1-3 use the same game engine, but I don't think you can transfer characters. The stories are totally different anyways.

Wizardry 4-5 are the same deal (their engine is newer though).

Wizardry 6, 7, and 8 are a real trilogy (well, 7 and 8 built off of the end of 6 anyways), and you can transfer characters (via saved games) from 6 to 7 and 7 to 8.

Nemesis is a terrible attempt at a first-person adventure game that spans something like 5 or 6 CDs. I don't know what it has to do with Wizardry, as it certainly doesn't seem to have any of the world, story, magic, or any other elements from the other games (6 through 8 anyways). I never got far in that game without losing interest. You pretty much just wander around from pre-drawn scene to pre-drawn scene looking for items laying on the ground to solve puzzles, and I think there's some uninspired button-smashing combat thrown in as well.

I should mention that I never got into Wizardry until part 6, so I only know of its predecessors through more recent research. In my opinion, the technology leap and lack of story connection between Wizardry 6/7/8 and the first five make it not really worth checking out the early games except to satisfy historical or nostalgic interests.

If I ever manage to beat Wiz 7, I might transfer my characters to 8 and try beating it again. I'm also toying with the idea of starting with 6 and going all the way through, but that would be a truly daunting task.

Also, you don't really miss much story by skipping Wiz 6. The important thing to know is that you find something called the Cosmic Forge, a magic pen that the gods used to write the universe (as your characters know it) into existence.