VOGONS

First post, by Ilya

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm writing a modern version of a program were written in Clipper 5 and I need to view it using debugger. One moment DOS applications stopped working under Windows 2003 and I'm trying to use DosBox. To run this debugger it must be wrote lines
SET CLIPPER=F:225
in autoexec.bat that I've wrote and
EMMExclude=C000-CFFF
PerVMFiles=225
in system.ini. The second one I can't understand where to write. The program doesn't run, openning files fails. I think the reason is absence of these lines. Also I need this program to be normally readable to install cyrillic font and I've not found how to do it in DOSBox. The message about failing opening file I can't read too because Russian letters are not shown properly.

Reply 1 of 9, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

system.ini belongs to windows (3.x/9x/...)

What program does not run under dosbox, yours
or clipper itself? Are you sure both are dos progs?

There are explanations on how to run clipper
under XP, like http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=942760&page=1

wd

Reply 2 of 9, by Ilya

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'll specify where this option are set under DOS but it seems to me that it's in config.sys. Anyway I've found in this program only commands section but not DOS configuration. Also I'm not sure what is wrong because I can't read a message in a cyrillic font. It was running OK some time ago but one moment it became not starting and the only solution I've found is using DOSBox.

Reply 4 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

error 2 hmm file not found ? i think or path not found but i would go the former.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 8 of 9, by Ilya

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've solved this problem and it was that it started from Z: disk instead of E: so adding changing directory to E: has helped. But I've met another problem - the program runs to slowly and I can't find anything in configuration to make it run with a speed near to that it'll be executed using direct starting. What means cycleup I've not understood and others in CPU section don't affect.

Reply 9 of 9, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Ilya, look at section 5 (Special Keys) in the ReadMe for a short explanation of increasing the speed of DOSBox using the CTRL+F12 key.

Also - have a look at the Running Resource Demanding Games page on the DOSBox Wiki.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions