VOGONS

First post, by Buzz Dee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there,

I have a problem with the good old Pinball Fantasies.
It runs perfectly with Dosbox (0.63) when u have admin-rights.
But now I tried to make it work for my little sister and she isn't an admin on this computer (WinXP HomeEdition).
So, whenever I try to start Pinball Fantasies with Dosbox in her account, I can see the intro-screen for a second and then Dosbox stops, closes all windows without an errormessage and is gone.
I didn't find any solution for this problem, but it seems to have its cause in the missing adminrights I guess.
I tried this also on my laptop (also XP HomeEdition) and there it is the same problem.
Has anyone here in this forum a solution for this? I really don't have a clue what to do now. If someone could help, it would be really nice, thank you!

Greets,
Buzz Dee

Reply 1 of 5, by Magamo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This sounds like it could be a file permission issue. Could you give all accounts that you want accessing Pinball Fantasies read and write access to its directory, and save/temp files? That may alleviate your problem.

Reply 2 of 5, by Buzz Dee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi again,

thanks for your quick answer!
I tried to give every user full read and write access to the dosbox-folder, but the problem stayed the same, the program stops without an error.
Does Dosbox store any temporary files in another location than the dosbox-folder? If so, I don't know where...could someone help please?
Thanks again!

Greets,
Buzz Dee

Reply 3 of 5, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

DOSBOX does not create any temporary files.
Setting of rights: you must set rights for the directory where the game is! This is important. If you did it only for DOSBOX folder (and the game is elsewhere) that it is not enough...
Also remember to set them recursively (for all subdirectories).

Mirek