VOGONS

First post, by Freaktee19

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey,
I have just installed DosBox and have started playing Robin Hood: Conquests of the longbow, but there is no sound, I have a sound Blaster AWE sound card and I havent touched any of the settings in dos box because I basically dont know what to touch. I have read the readme and everything but i still dont get it. If someone could help me out that would be awesome.
Cheers
Liam

Reply 1 of 3, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

In DOSBOX you have emulated AdLib/Soundblaster/SoundBlaster Pro/Soundblaster 16. See DOSBOX.CONF. It has nothing to do with the type of your card in Windows.
I do not have the game, but generally: YOU MUST CONFIGURE SOUND IN ALMOST ANY DOS GAME! See programs like SETUP.EXE, INSTAL.EXE/SETSOUND.EXE etc. (I do not know how it is precisely done in this game).

Read newbie guide in DOSBOX Guides if you do not know how to work with DOSBOX.

Mirek

Reply 2 of 3, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I had the game at one point. I think it's in one of my archives. I remember getting sound to work. I forget if it was PC Speaker or really low quality Adlib. I don't quite remember but DOSBox comes presetup to emulate SB16 and lower so run INSTALL.EXE (which is usually what it in games from Sierra) and set it to Adlib/CMS/Soundblaster (one of those will work)

/Ieremiou

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 3 of 3, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just mount your game's folder in DOSBox and run INSTALL.EXE to select your audio hardware.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers