VOGONS

First post, by Cassima

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I am currently working on installing my old king's quest games!

I was able to get 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 to work but i have been unable to get 5 to work correctly.

I installed VDMSound and when i run that with King's Quest 6, it works well. However, when i run King's Quest 5 with VDMSound it does nothing for it. It starts up with a black screen and says "Unable to Initialize Audio Hardware" and it does not play at all.

I am trying to run it with windows XP SP1 AMD3400+ AC97 Compatible Audio Chip.

SO I recieved a suggestion to try to run King's Quest 5 using Dosbox so i downloaded this program but i am confused as if to how to run it. I am not very experienced with these types of programs.

It would be appreciated if anybody could help walk me through how to run king's quest 5 on dosbox. It's located on my S drive and i also have it on the cd and i really don't understand the whole mounting thing or anything.

Anyways i hope to be able to play King's Quest 5 soon and any suggestions or help would be great. Thank you very much for your time.

E-mail/Yahoo Id: fuzziferret@yahoo.com
AIM: Katssima
MSN: fuzziferret@hotmail.com

Reply 1 of 2, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Read README and newbie guide in DOSBOX Guides forum. Come here with precise problems (I did this and this and there was an error XXXX...).
Post into proper forum next time (I move this to DOSBOX games/Apps).

Mirek

Reply 2 of 2, by Magamo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The last time I ran KQ5 (Back during Dos Box 0.60) it was much better to select Thunderboard sound, instead of Sound Blaster in the game's install. I do not know if that is still the case, but it is something to note, if you have trouble with the sound in the game.