VOGONS

First post, by Kabouterterror

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to get Crusader: No Remorse (version 1.23) to run with dosbox 0.63. I copied all files on the cd-rom to a folder on my harddisk, and mounted this folder as drive D: (I tried both with and without -t cdrom). The game installs correctly, the installation program also works correctly, but when I try to start the game, the screen becomes red and I get an error message: "out of memory in file FILE\FASTFLEX.C, line 56." I tried disabling the sound and edited the dosbox.conf to try different soundcards, but that doesn't work. The memory settings are xms=true, ems= false, memory=32 (different sizes like 64 also do not work). Does anyone know what causes this problem?

My system specs:

AMD Athlon 2800+
1 GB SD-RAM
NVidia GeForce 5700 ultra 128 MB
Windows XP

(Note that this is NOT the same fastflex.c error I've read about many times on this forum, this one is different.)

Last edited by Kabouterterror on 2005-01-05, 22:51. Edited 1 time in total.

Kabouters they are called, these tiny men with pointy hats. Fear and Chaos are their weapons. And they are coming for you.

Reply 2 of 5, by Kabouterterror

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No, doesn't work (it would surprise me if it did work, since Crusader doesn't use just conventional memory).

Kabouters they are called, these tiny men with pointy hats. Fear and Chaos are their weapons. And they are coming for you.

Reply 3 of 5, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
Kabouterterror wrote:

I'm trying to get Crusader: No Remorse (version 1.23) to run with dosbox 0.63. I copied all files on the cd-rom to a folder on my harddisk, and mounted this folder as drive D: (I tried both with and without -t cdrom).

What about trying it as it should be - with the original CD ROM (without copying it to a harddisk)?

Mirek

Reply 4 of 5, by Dressari

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had that problem myself, you have to have the game's directory located on C: anywhere else and it gives you that error. I had it on another drive and tried to run the game but wouldn't have it, then moved it to C and tried again.

That was of course because I downloaded the game from somewhere, I beleive there's a .cfg file in the main directory you can edit and change the loaction of the CD rom it's trying to access.

Reply 5 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Dressari wrote:

I had that problem myself, you have to have the game's directory located on C: anywhere else and it gives you that error. I had it on another drive and tried to run the game but wouldn't have it, then moved it to C and tried again.

That was of course because I downloaded the game from somewhere, I beleive there's a .cfg file in the main directory you can edit and change the loaction of the CD rom it's trying to access.

Nope. He is using the original CD not some clumsy "cd-rip".