VOGONS

First post, by johneh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to play X-Com 1 using DosBox on a Dell XP Computer
My video card is NVIDIA GeFroce4 MX 420

I am able to get X-com started fine when the screen is small but when I hit the keys to maximize the window my MONTIOR makes a click the screen goes black for a second and then X-com is minizied completly - I'm back at my desk top but X-com is still running (I can hear the music) when I click on the box for it at the bottom of the screen my monitor just clicks again, goes black for a second and minizies X-com completely again.... right clicking on the button on the bottom of the windows desktop and clicking maximize or restore doesn't help - it still does the same thing. Any ideas?

Reply 1 of 2, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What type/brand of monitor do you have? Seems like an out-of-sync problem. But before you attempt anything, Try to run some Windows games normally (to check video modes). If games run properly, then it may be a DOSBox misconfiguration. Change scalers to none; change output rendering engine to the lowest one (surface = safest). If all else fails, go to nVIDIA control panel and check what are the refresh rates for video modes. Put them at default values (60Hz) if they aren't. Also, click START -> RUN and type in DXDIAG there. Check the Display section and check also the last tab, where you have an OVERRIDE box. If all else fail, put a number (in hertz) according to the lowest refresh your monitor can support (usually 60Hz).