VOGONS

First post, by Damascus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I see on the list that Red Storm Rising is supported (I have DosBox 0.63), but I have been unable to get it going. I've used D-Fend v2 as well as entering the information manually in DosBox and keep getting the following error: Exit to error: CPU: GRP5: Illegal Call 7.

The .BAT file is simply:
echo off
cd \rsr
REDSTORM %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
cd \
echo on

The game resides in C:\RSR with the .BAT file in C:\

I have a Dell Dimension 8400, P4 3.2GHz machine with an ATI Radeon X300 128mb video card and 1GB of RAM. I tried playing with most of the settings, changing the sound on and off, the CPU speed higher and lower, turning XMS and EMS on and off (together and separately) and changing the memory to 1mb (which is what I had when this originally worked way back when). Also has SoundMax integrated audio. I always get the same error.

I have had very few problems with DosBox and D-Fend and have all the Dos games I wanted up and running.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply 2 of 2, by Damascus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I played with the core settings and then downloaded the game from an abandonware website. It worked fine. My original game disk didn't, but is needed in the drive. Up and running again thanks to DosBox.