VOGONS

First post, by PizzaSubCombo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Evening lads. Having trouble running IndyCar Racing 2; in particular, getting Dosbox/D-Fend Reloaded to recognize my Logitech G29.

Dosbox worked for several months with no issues. Was able to set up the wheel and get Indycar running in minutes. Played great with a wheel. A windows update OR a Logitech GHub update not too long ago seemingly destroyed all compatibility with my wheel. What's interesting is other users do not mention this problem on YouTube and are seemingly running Dosbox/D-Fend using this very combination, without issues.

I set the Joystick type to 4axis or 4axis_2 and go into the Dosbox keymapper. Where it would normally let me map each axis, it instead says DISABLED. Nothing I do changes the state from Disabled. I can't map anything at all, no matter what I do to the Dosbox config file. Those boxes permanently read DISABLED.

Inside the Dosbox status window, it says it detects my G29 wheel, but thinks there are no buttons, hats, or axis at all.

Using Joystick Logitech G Hub G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel with 0 axes, 0 buttons, and 0 hats.

The wheel obviously works in every other Windows-based game I own.

Attachments

• dosbox status window.JPG
    Filename
    dosbox status window.JPG
    File size
    23.94 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Dosbox issue.JPG
    Filename
    Dosbox issue.JPG
    File size
    94.27 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 1, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you click on start and click on "Set up USB game controllers", does everything look correct in there?
Does the joystick driver look correct in device manager?
Are you using DOSBox 0.74-3?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline