VOGONS

First post, by Netskimmer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Certain games like PQ2 and LBCB show blue where their should be black and LB2DA crashes after sierra logo.

Reply 1 of 5, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can't confirm. I have the CD version of Laura Bow 2 : Dagger of Amon Ra and it runs prefectly fine.
I would consider checking your video drivers or for any driver conflicts on your system.

The other two games also are running fine on my system.

Note: I use the CVS version of DOSBox.
/Ieremiou

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 2 of 5, by Netskimmer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I know this is off topic but I have some questions about LB2 CD that I can't seem to find the answers to, did you buy LB2 new? If so, what all came in the box? (Manuals, inserts, ect..) Does the CD-ROM version have speech in it?

Reply 3 of 5, by Netskimmer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

played around with config but LB2:DA (floppy version as you might have guessed from my previous post) still crashes. Sometimes it crashes at Sierra logo and sometimes at LB2:DA main menu.

Reply 4 of 5, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Netskimmer wrote:

I know this is off topic but I have some questions about LB2 CD that I can't seem to find the answers to, did you buy LB2 new? If so, what all came in the box? (Manuals, inserts, ect..) Does the CD-ROM version have speech in it?

Yes the CD version has speech and a Windows interpreter. It also has the copyright protection removed. As for what was included in the package, check this:

http://www.vintage-sierra.com/laura/amonra.html

Reply 5 of 5, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Mine was a repacked version by Slash software so I only had a CD. Although the manuals were on the CD.
Nevertheless it was a full version that I bought about 8? years ago. It's a fun game and will always be one of my favorite games. 😀

Mine is version 1.1 and has 1992 and 1993 timestamps on it.

/Ieremiou

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.