VOGONS

First post, by lizardman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, errm ... new here (first message).
I've just downloaded the newest versions of DOSBox and D-Fend and was wondering if anyone has a optimum-configured D-Fend profile for JADG? It would be cool as I can't really figure out which settings work best for the game.
Also if I try to open it in fullscreen the screen gets distorted with strange colors etc. Any solution?
tia,
lizardman

Reply 2 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Hi lizardman - welcome to VOGONS.

What kind of monitor do you have? LCD or CRT? Which graphics card, driver version, DirectX version?

Does it make any difference if you choose a different output type (surface, overlay, ddraw,...)?

There also is a 'fullresolution' option somewhere in the config-file. Have you tried changing it?

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php? … sbox.conf%2Fsdl

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 3, by lizardman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My system is rather hi-end ..... Pentium4 @3.4GHz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB, latest DirectX Version and Monitor is CRT (though there are two connected, one CRT, one LCD, but primary is CRT).

If I set to full speed (20000 CPU Cycles) it runs fast enough most time but it could be faster. I remember in DOSBox 0.61 it was running much faster, actually too fast.
I think it gets unstable if I set CPU Core to dynamic.
Also how much memory would you give the game? I think 32 is enough but you never know.
If using ddraw mode the graphics gets blurry which doesn't look so nice. I'd prefer sharp pixels just like the old times 😀.
However I will check the settings! Thanks so far!