VOGONS

First post, by Mephisto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just installed the game for the first time with dosbox -
all went fine, till the Joystick-calibration - here i can move & press everything, he allways says me : Joystick calibratiion incorrect, try again

I have a gravis Xterminator Gamepad - i know, for a flight sim, its not the "best" but it was only for testing, and now this.

To be clear i can press a button, and i (i think) move the axis - but somehow the game dont accept this - i allways get the message with the failure within the Calibration

btw: Dosbox recognizes the gamepad as : 6 AXIS 11 Buttons Joystick - can it be that Sc dont support such a "Complicated" joystick, and that i have to buy a "simple one" -a 2 axis - 4 buttons gamepad/joystick??
😖

Attachments

• Filename
    dosbox.conf.txt
    File size
    4.54 KiB
    Downloads
    124 downloads
    File comment
    my Conf file - maybe the fault is in here somewhere
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 4, by iampiti

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Mephisto wrote:

can it be that Sc dont support such a "Complicated" joystick, and that i have to buy a "simple one" -a 2 axis - 4 buttons gamepad/joystick??
😖

No, AFAIK games see a "standard" joystick. I think that this game has been discussed before. Search the forum.
Anyway joystick doesn't work properly in all games yet.

Iampiti

Reply 3 of 4, by Mephisto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i somehow managed to calibrate the joystick, but in some wierd way, now the cursor in the game moves allways down. But i foud out that the joystick calibration file is the : Joya.dat -

i still have problems, so maybe someone could post his "correctly calibtated" file, so that i can use it ???
i would be really thankfully 😊