VOGONS

First post, by adrianebrown

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

how can i get Flight Simulator 4 to run, tried the basic setting and tweaking them but no luck.

Reply 2 of 7, by adrianebrown

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok,

1) installed DOSbox
2) got a directory called oldgames, then copied the fs4 folder into it
3) i've also got the frontend d-fend installed, i've used the wizard and kept the settings without changing them.
4) when i goto run fs4 a window appears with some spanish text, which i cannot read
5) nothing happens

Reply 4 of 7, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

@adrianebrow: unfortunately, what you provided is not very usefull information! The best thing would be to try to run it without DFEND (see the newbie guide in DOSBOX Guides) and to post here precisely all commands you used.
But even without doing that: posting messages shown in DOSBOX log window and also what the game writes.
Posting just that there is a "spanish text, I cannot read" is rather useless.

Mirek

Reply 5 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

MS Flight Sin v4.0a works over here. Well, it loads to the cockpit.

I haven't bothered to read the instructions on how to fly with the keyboard but the sounds are working, gauges are turning so it appears to be working.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 6 of 7, by adrianebrown

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
HunterZ wrote:

I wouldn't expect too much help around here if you're trying to run a pirated version of a game...

IT'S NOT; i actually collect Flight Simulations from around the world in different languages and Platforms, I nearlly own every single Simulations which has taken me nearlly 20yrs to collect.

I also collect LAND, SEA, SPACE simulations.

Reply 7 of 7, by adrianebrown

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
mirekluza wrote:
@adrianebrow: unfortunately, what you provided is not very usefull information! The best thing would be to try to run it without […]
Show full quote

@adrianebrow: unfortunately, what you provided is not very usefull information! The best thing would be to try to run it without DFEND (see the newbie guide in DOSBOX Guides) and to post here precisely all commands you used.
But even without doing that: posting messages shown in DOSBOX log window and also what the game writes.
Posting just that there is a "spanish text, I cannot read" is rather useless.

Mirek

thanks to all with the constructive feedback, with the help and also being a newbie to this application it has taken me a while to get my head around it.

I've successfully installed FS4 and got it working, and I also have got some of my other favourite sims working from the late 1980's and early 1990's.